Single-port USB 2.0 extender up to 100 meters over CATx cabling
Icron Ranger 2311 is a new, advanced member of Icron's USB extender range.
It is able to extend USB 2.0 connections up to 100m/330 ft over Cat 5e or better cabling. The Ranger offers flexible powering where you have the ability to apply power to either the local extender or the remote extender.
Designed with Icron's patented ExtremeUSB technology, the Ranger 2311 is a true plug-and-play solution and will not require any software or drivers to be installed. In addition, the USB 2.0 extender supports all major operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux). Supporting all USB device types such as keyboards, mice, flash drives, interactive whiteboards, audio devices, and any other USB 2.0 or 1.1 devices.
Key features of the Ranger 2311 includes updated firmware, a new ASIC based design, and an internal USB hub change from Microchip to cypress.
Please note that the Ranger 2311 features flexible power, allowing the installer to connect the supplied 24V, 1A power adapter to either the LEX or REX unit for normal extension system operation. Please note, when powering at the LEX, take care not to plug the remote side of the CAT 5e/6/7 link cable directly into equipment other than the REX to avoid possible damage as flexible power is different from Power over Ethernet (PoE) and will only properly power the REX.
- USB 2.0 extender with flexible power – connect the power adapter to either the LEX or REX
- Supplies up to 1 Amp to USB port
- Mass Storage Acceleration for USB 2.0 device bulk transfers
- Supports all USB 2.0/1.1 devices up to 480 Mbps
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, macOSTM, and Linux®